Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Joy School

Today Kambria started "Joy School." It is sort of like preschool, but it is run totally by moms, and instead of teaching letters and numbers and such...things like honesty and sharing, etc., are taught. There are 6 kids in her class all between the ages of 3 and 4. She has class 2 days a week, and each week it is in a different home (of one of the kids in the class). So, I will have the kids one week in every 6 weeks. The lessons are already written out and are very structured. I really struggled with the decision to get Kam involved because she sometimes struggles with a little separation anxiety. But, this is also the reason that I thought it could be such a good thing for her. I gave her the choice, and she said a prayer: "Heavenly Father, I am going to have fun in preschool. Preschool is going to be alot of fun...." I figured that was the answer. :) We went "school shopping" yesterday, and her most prized posessions right now are her new Princess light-up shoes, and her school scissors. I am not a big fan of kids and scissors, so she was just beside herself over getting to have her own! As I dropped her off today, I was soo nervous that she would cry. She wanted me to go in with her, so I did. She was really hesitant at first, but once all of her friends were there she did great. I was only there for about 5 minutes... When I picked her up 2 hours later, she was jumping up and down, laughing and running around with friends. Though I missed her while she was away, I think this is going to help her soooo much. I asked her how it was and she said: "MOM, it was so so so SO SO SO FUN!!!" She has been saying that all day. YAY!!!



7 comments:

Stephens 8 said...

How cute! Where do you get your lessons for Joy School? How did you get involved? I am in Wyoming here...we have nothing like that.

Roger Chamberlain said...

Way to go Kambria. Grandma and I are proud of you!

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

oh she is so cute!

Aleisha said...

Wow Kam!!! You look so beautiful. I am so proud of you for going to joy school and having so much fun. I love you and miss you sooooooo much. kiss kiss

Anonymous said...

OOhhh! She is such a cutie!

amy said...

aletha- what a cute blog! I just found you through Glenn senior than through your dad! where do you guys live?? we are in utah now too. glad to see you guys are doing well. we will have to catch up sometime. - amy

wendy said...

she is such a little cutie. Where do you get the lessons for Joy school? I'm trying to get something like that together for Dylan. I love your blog!