Monday, September 8, 2008

Y-A-Y for Camping!!!

We just returned from a weekend camping trip to Payson Lakes. It was our first camping trip with just our own immediate family. We weren't sure how the weather was going to be, but it turned out to be Beautiful the whole weekend! We went on lots of walks to the lake and on trails, made tin-foil dinners, ate S'MORES, sang songs... just a lot of family bonding! Bret, Melissa, and Kyson actually joined us for a few hours during the day on Saturday, it was a lot of fun to see them! I think Bret caught at least 100 fish in the lake there, seriously. :) We already look forward to our next camping trip...then again, I am procrastinating the clean-up right now, I may feel differently when I actually get to that part. :)
Everybody likes to be with Daddy. Especially me! :)
Gavin is at a bit of a difficult age for camping. He wanted to explore EVERYTHING, and would take off and not look back. He wanted to play in the water, hit things with his collection of sticks, throw rocks, and attempt to grab bugs and Bees, luckily we caught him before he did that one! He got a few bumps and bruises along the way, but didn't complain a bit, he was in Heaven! At least he is walking now, last time he was covered in dirt from head to toe from crawling in it!We got to use our new projector and screen! We had a very private camping area, but if we wouldn't have...I'm sure there would have been some VERY JEALOUS passerbys! Bret and Melissa joined us for the movie Cars, and the next night we enjoyed the movie Enchanted, gotta love that one. :)

5 comments:

Stephens 8 said...

OK that you can still do that is CRAZY! (the jump in the air thing, top picture) I am trying to think if after I had just three babies if I could do that, and I'm thinking...not. What kind of fabric was it the Brian found? Where did he research this screen? Where did you get the projector? Very cool stuff, you guys are fun parents. I feel for you camping with Gavin, we have one of those ourselves right now...holy cow! You would think that after Broden and Kaxton I would be used to these baby boy tactics..but I really don't think that is ever possible. I am always on my toes...in fact I think he is putting something in the fireplace right now!!!!

Aleisha said...

How fun!!!! I love the projector while camping. That will be a hit at our family reunion. Oh I miss you guys so much.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! We want to get our own projector too. Bryce has started building our movie screen. What kind fabric did Brian get?

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Oh my gosh!! Gavin looks like a boy not a baby anymore!!

Garnet said...

I'm just so impressed that you can still do that jumping toe touch thing. Seriously. I'm not sure anymore if I could even touch my toes just standing in place - I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks until I can see them and give it a try!