Thursday, March 5, 2009

This was JUST YESTERDAY...

...not really, but that's how it seems! This was actually 4 years ago. How is it that when I was younger, the years went by soooo sloooooww...but now they are just FLYING BY?! As I was reminiscing through all of my photos on my computer yesterday, I was caught off guard at how emotional I would get at looking at all of these with my beautiful girls together...

...some of them totally crack me up, and others just bring a feeling of true joy. Things aren't always perfect between them, they definitely have their moments, but for the most part they truly are kindred spirits.
Someday, (oh probably about 8-10 years down the road) when they are fighting over clothes, boys, bathroom-time...I am going to show them these pictures and remind them how much they have loved and protected one-another from the very beginning. It won't help them to stop fighting, it will probably just really annoy them!

They will, however, get over that eventually and be best friends again...just how it should be.
Miss you Chelsea!

8 comments:

Aleisha said...

That was so fun to see all those pics!!!

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Okay that's not fair... I just totally started crying my eyes out... Chad thinks I am crazy!!

Don and Dawna said...

Those are so cute. I hadn't seen alot of those photos before.

I know what you mean about sisters. I sure love to spend time with mine.

It was fun spending time with you all on Saturday. Thanks for everything.

MOM K

Anonymous said...

I just love those girls! They are sooooo cute!

Todd and Shana said...

It DOES seem like yesterday! Your girls are so stinkin cute. Makes me wish I had a sister! We miss you guys!

Velvet said...

I love those girls and their Mommy.
I wish I could spend more time with my sister Leslie . Hmmmm. Maybe I will:)

Stephens 8 said...

O.K. So it has been forever since Im have been on your blog and I saw Corrine at church yesterday and she mentioned that she had yet to e-mail you or anything, after calling her a slacker...I started thinking about you and your adorable kids....So when I got on here, I was NOT dissapointed! What a beautiful post! You made me cry, I hope the same for my daughters. Thanks for not dissapointing me. With love.

Dixiechick said...

Hey Aletha, don't know if you remember me. I just saw your link on Jenny Booth's blog. I have to say your kids are all gorgeous. Wow! 3 little supermodels is what you have there. Get them some gigs and you and your husband can be set for life. :O) Cute post. I have 3 sisters and we are all very close still. Sisters are the best.