We are enjoying our garden and our fruit trees this year. Brian and Brynlee planted the garden together. It is one of Bryn's favorite things to do, she looks forward to it every year. We had our first corn of the year yesterday...YUM! The home-grown tomatoes are an all time favorite, we will truly hate to see it end this season. This is the first year that our fruit trees have produced much. I love fruit...more than candy. The apricot jam has also been a huge hit in our home this week, we have already gone through 4 of the 12 jars since it was made one week ago!


What is yummy jam without some homemade bread?!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Fruits of our Labors...
Posted by Aletha and Brian at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So...I'm really jealous of the home grown tomatoes without a green house. We have such a short growing season here! The apricots too! When I was still living at home I thought I would gladly give up apricot jam for something like raspberry...I would do anything for an apricot tree to grow here now. I am tired of raspberry jam, maybe we should do a trade off when we come down that way..two quarts of raspberry for two of your apricot...J/K!
WOW! Look at you lil' Suzi homemaker!! I used to bottle our peaches but haven't the last three years. Soooo much work. It was fun while it lasted though. You have a nice garden. I would love a garden. We have some strawberries and a few herbs but that is all our lil' yard has room for :( Looks like the girls have skilz already!
Looks like so much fun! The garden looks awesome. Miss you.
Post a Comment