Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School!!!

Today was Brynlee's first day of Kindergarten! She has been anticipating this day for a LONG time! There are 2 other girls from our ward that are in her class...McCall and Jocelyn. They are going to have SO much fun together! Brynlee really likes her teacher. She really enjoyed the activities they did. She liked story-time, and drawing, but she says her favorite part was playing with her friends at Recess!!! She has also been looking forward to riding the bus to school. I wanted to drive her on the first day (separation anxiety???), but after school when I was there to pick her up she really wanted to ride the bus with her friends. I have been a little nervous about her riding the bus, but then I found out that the Principal rides the bus with them to make sure they get to the right place. Brynlee rode in the very front seat with both Jocelyn and McCall, you would have thought they were on a ride at Lagoon with how excited they were. She says she is going to sit in the same bus seat with the same friends everyday. ...and so the journey begins...




6 comments:

Stephens 8 said...

Oh Aletha...if you only new the joy to come! So, I have to know, did you cry when you got back to the house? I cried when Broden went to school, but not Kylie, we were both soooo ready. Kaxton starts kindergarten this week too, will I cry? I know I'll cry when my baby goes. Congrats! Have fun this year, the real busy-ness begins!

Doty6strong said...

Oh that gave me a flashback to our bus riding days!! ROLAND....
Mine spent the first WHOLE day at school today as well. I was able to get sooo much done. They will be missed but for now, I am enjoying the time with the other two. ***Brandon MADE me go private with my blog so I will be sending you an invite just as soon as I get a free minute to type in ALL those dang email addresses!

Alan and Lynette said...

You are the cutest little mom!!! It is really great to see where some of my favorite people have ended up:)

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Okay so I totally teared up when I saw those pictures.

Aleisha said...

What a cute little niece I have. We are so proud of you Brynlee. You are getting so big.

wendy said...

What great pictures of her first day. I love the one of the three of them sitting together on the bus. So fun for her. And how are you holding up mom?