Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sad to see it go...

Brian sold his '91 Mustang GT on Friday. It has been struggling a little as far as leaking fluids and the AC not working lately. We just don't have the time it takes to fix it up and it just doesn't make sense to have 3 cars for 2 drivers (this one has been neglected lately because it is definitely the least practical of the 3). Yes, I know...it's just a car. This car, however, is full of memories. Brian got this car right when he got off of his mission, so he has had it for 11 years (9 of which we have been either dating or married). Although it was not the reason we started dating, I did think he had a cool car. :) Of course, not all memories of this car are good...I will never forget when I was driving to pick up Brian from BYU and I put my foot on the clutch in the middle of a busy intersection and the stinkin' clutch didn't come back up! (Luckily I was able to coast to the side of the road, but not without a mild heart-attack first)! Of course, there have been many good years since that incident. When Brian put the car in the classifieds, it sold immediately, and the guy that bought it said he has been looking for one of these cars in this color and condition for 4-5 years! Maybe it won't be as easy as I thought to surprise Brian with another one someday, Dang.

0 comments: