Brian asked me to marry him. We had been officially dating for about 9 months, but had been good friends for much longer. That day we had driven up to SLC to watch The Testaments movie at Temple Square. While watching the movie I was cold, so I asked Brian for his coat (normally he would just offer it to me right away, but he was a little hesitant...come to find out, the ring was IN his coat pocket!). After the movie, we decided to walk around Temple Square and find a quiet place to read scriptures together. We walked and walked... and walked, I couldn't understand why just any old place wouldn't do. It was FREEZING!!!!!
We finally settled on a nice quiet place, and Brian pulled his scriptures out of his bag (well I thought they were his anyways). He proceeded to hand them to me and tell me it was my turn to read. I was soo cold and really wanted it to be his turn, but when I looked down at the scriptures he had handed me, I was in shock! They had MY name engraved on them...only with HIS last name!!! At that point I was so confused and just trying to comprehend what was going on. When I looked up at him, he was down on one knee with a beautiful ring. It took me a minute to realize that I really wasn't dreaming and that this really WAS happening! I never waivered in my answer...YES!
Here is a picture that I drew for Brian for Christmas, just 5 days before we were married:
This is one of our engagement pictures (Nov. 2000):
I am so grateful that Brian found me, because I wasn't looking at the time. I really didn't know that someone so wonderful even existed. He is such an un-selfish person, a hard worker, and an INCREDIBLE father. I'm one LUCKY girl!
Monday, November 10, 2008
8 years ago, today...
Posted by Aletha and Brian at 7:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How sweet! I LOVE hearing about love stories. I, too, was oblivious to Brandon's proposal! Isn't great that life just keeps getting better?!
I am so glad you married Brian. I love you!!!!
That is a great story! I am so glad you married Brian too! You are such a wonderful person and I love having you as a sister! Love you!
Oh my gosh...thats such an awesome story. I must give him snaps for being so original!
So remember the night you told me. I think it was kinda late and I was not very awake. The message on the phone came on and I was so busy trying to turn it off that I didn't hear you the first time you said it. Hope I didn't ruin that momment. I'm also grateful for Brian . I don't think I could live so far away from you if I didn't know that he was there with you. Love ya both.
Yeah... I remember that! I cannot believe it's been 8 years... crazy!! I am happy too I love Brian!!
I couldn't have asked for a better brother in law that treats my sister with such respect and love! He is a great dad, I should know I lived with you guys!
Dido to all the comments of everyone else. We love you and Brian so much. Always fell so welcome and comfortable with you too. Thanks for coming into our lives and blessing us with three beautiful grandchildren.
Love MOM K
Post a Comment