...I took Kambria and Gavin on a last minute road-trip to be home with my family for my Grandma Isabel's funeral. Brynlee really wanted to go, but it was her first week of school, so she stayed home with Daddy. Besides wishing the circumstances for the visit were a little happier, it was a nice reunion with loved ones.
Kambria relaxing with Chelsea and Dawson:
The kids were able to have lots of bonding time with their cousins, very important...always a good (and crazy) time! Gavin just LOVED Baby Dawson and Baby Ella, he kept saying "Mommy, I hold it!" ...or "Mommy, I pet it!" (Yes, he was referring to the babies.)
The highlight of the trip for Kam was her "date" with Grandpa. He took her to DK's for ice cream, to the dollar store, and to 2 different parks! She hasn't stopped talking about it!
Until next time. For now, I will sit here and feel like SuperMom for driving 2 small children on a 12 hour road-trip (each-way) by myself! I even took them swimming in the hotel. My favorite part? Hmm... probably when we were swimming at the hotel and Kambria had to use the restroom ASAP and they were OUT of pool towels with NO restroom in the swimming area!!! We had to RUN through the hotel trying to find a restroom while we were SOAKING WET(it felt like one of those dreams of not being dressed in a public place)...it was AWESOME (or not)! I am awesome. :)
4 comments:
You are awesome! Miss you.
You are amazing, I don't know if I'd ever even attempt that drive alone with kids! It was so great to see you guys, can't wait til Christmas. Tell Brynlee to be on the lookout for a letter from Garrett. He even told me he missed Uncle Brian, cause he tickles him, but he wouldn't write a letter to Uncle Brian :)
You are SUPERMOM!!! I hope we get to see you soon!
oh cute!! I wish you were still here. I think you are kinda amazing too!
Post a Comment