Friday, May 14, 2010

Finding Humor...

Doing well here. Alivia is 1 month old today, I can't believe it! Things (house, kids...) feel so much out of my control right now with a newborn . I have had to just laugh at things that happen, mostly when I have dozed off on the couch while feeding Livi.

#1 --This was a bit of a surprise when I came-to:

...but there is not much surprise to me that it was still there on day 2:

#2 -- Another time I dozed off feeding the baby on the couch in the front room. When I awoke, I saw that the front door was WIDE open and baby sound asleep in my lap with me TOTALLY exposed! Hoping no salesman (or even worse, neighbors!), were caught by surprise by stopping by. (Sorry, no pictures!) :)
-
#3 -- The good news about this laundry pile, is that if my kids have gotten cold in the last 3-4 DAYS, they could just cuddle into the same heaping mountain of instant warmth! They also think it is fun to climb to the top of the pile and pretend they are "King of the world!" So cool.



#4 -- As hard as I have tried, I can find nothing funny about having a kidney stone and kidney infection 2 weeks after giving birth! Maybe in 10 years it will be funny. Maybe.
-

The kids just adore their new little sister! She is a MAGNET for them. There is a CONSTANT: "Can I hold her," "I just want to kiss her," and "Pleeeease can I take her outside down the slide and on the trampoline..." A few days ago, I was SO frustrated that they wouldn't just let her sleep peacefully for a few minutes. I felt like I was going to EXPLODE in frustration (like the Incredible Hulk or something cool like that)! I looked up at Kam and Gavin who were on each side of me 2 inches from my (and Livi's) face...I did explode!... Only it was laughter! I don't know where it came from but I just couldn't stop laughing!!! By the end we were all rolling on the floor.
Someday I will be back in control of things. Someday.

5 comments:

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Cute! I hear ya!! Sometimes it's either laugh or cry.

Velvet said...

Hang in there. It's all worth it.
Laughing is a great release amd totally catches em off guard. Makes you feel better too. You'll be able to handle so much more in your life if you can see the humor in it.

Don and Dawna said...

You are amazing........amazing mom! Amazing wife! Amazing daughter! Amazing friend! Amazing daughter of God! Just simply amazing is all I have to say! Love you so much! Things will get better....well at least different!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry you haven't felt well.
:( You are such an amazing person. I totally love you! I can't believe it has been a month already since you had little Alivia. Time flies doesn't it. I hope you feel better quick!

Doty6strong said...

It pays to have such a great personality to get you thru moments like that! And to take pictures and laugh...amazing. Cannot imagine what kidney stones and an infection would feel like after a c-section....again....AMAZING.